Nuffnang Top

Nuffnang

Monday, April 8, 2013

Proton Saga BLM Brake System

I bought my Saga BLM back in year 2008..
I have never change the brake pad since the first day I bought it..
After 4.5 years, the brake keep hang by it own when I brake it..
So I went to shop and changed it..

The front disc brake and the rear drum brake..
One thing I found out is the rear drum brake pump is totally malfunction, and it covered by rusty iron powder..
Sound very dangerous rite?

Haha, I was told by the shop mechanic that it was normal for Saga BLM & Saga FL..
So what to do? Have to change it..

This photo show the rear drum brake condition : Before & After

The pump should be check & service regularly so that it won't hang during our driving..
Drive safe on the road.. 
Remember to service your car always..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome, thanks! I have a Proton Savvy and my Rear has a Drum/Shoe brakes which I need to replace. Good to see an example of the Shoe brake. Hopefully my one is not too complicated to replace?

I can't tell if you replaced the clips, and springs or did you clean them?